So in the midst of my stressful uni preparation I got a wonderful comment from Emma, who writes the lovely It's just a bit fruity blog, telling me that she'd nominated me for the Liebster Award. Fair to say it made my day, so thank you again Emma!
The liebster award is a great little thing because it helps fellow under-200-follower-blogs promote each other.
The rules are so simple:
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer all 11 questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 more for the people you tag.
- Choose 11 people with under 200 followers and tag them in your post.
- Go to their page and let them know they're tagged.
- No tag backs!
Here are my Random Facts:
- I am a HUGE magazine junkie and I get at least 3 magazines every month.
- Throughout my schooling I was a major arts buff but have since neglected my talent.
- I probably only brush my hair once a month, really need to fix that.
- I'm the handyman in the family and a serious master of assembling flat packs!
- My feet are a size different, a bad side-effect from breaking my leg.
- I never read the Harry Potter books.
- I've got a major crush on Ian Somerholder.
- I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie, I've parasailed, paraglided and have driven numerous wheeled vehicles a high-speed (in a deserted paddock, so it was safe-ish!), next on my list is sky jumping!
- I have a weird obsession with the Bachelor, it's just so entertaining!
- Before last year I'd never been on a boat.
- In my spare time I do a lot of activism work.
Questions asked to me by Emma:
I went to a forum of authors/writers and one thing that stuck with me, was their advice to write everyday and as much as you can if you really want to get far in the industry. So blogging seemed like the suitable answer.
That's a toughie because I haven't been everywhere to give each city a fair go. But Amsterdam is a city I hold dear to my heart.
Chloe Sevigny is pretty darn amazing.
When I'm bored I watch daytime TV, something that gets me feeling quite entertained but incredibly guilty.
Alice McCall always does some lovely work.
I'm part Irish, Spanish and English, so I'm a bit of a mixed bag really.
I like to save when I have a certain travel destination in my sights but the rest of the time I'm a splurgier!
In terms of beauty products a good tinted moisturiser but in fashion a good waist skirt and blouse combo.
My heart says the 50s, but my mind says the 70s, everything was so much simpler then.
A bright cherry red.
I tend to do adventurous things but not to my physique. So I'd say getting a bob cut would be such a big thing for me.
My 11 Nominee's are:
Maria Elba from 206 Love Bones
Hannah from a city beyond the sea
Marie-Claire from avocado sundays
Maddie Claire from little black beau
jennifer from titles are scary
jessica from vixinelle
My Questions to you are the following:
1. Who is someone that inspires you to do what you do?
2. What do you hope to get out of your blog?
3. How would your friends describe you?
4. Are you a collector of anything?
5. What is the weirdest thing in your room right now?
6. What would we see you wearing on a lovely Summer's day?
7. If you were to read a book 100 times what would it be?
8. What bands/artists could we see on your iPod?
9. Whose style do you get inspiration from?
10. What's your biggest weakness?
11. What's something you're passionate about?
So for those of you who I've picked get blogging! :)