Friday, June 15, 2012

Underwater



I've been meaning to watch this film for quite some time and finally on a lazy Sunday I got around to it! 
Submarine is this brilliantly strange film about a teenage boy who just discovers love, sex and that his mum is having an affair. 

It's got this weird sort of British humour, which I love, and Oliver (who is played by Craig Roberts) is so awkward that he completely fits the bill of the unpopular kid at school. 

In typical teenage style Oliver falls for the girl on the wrong side of the tracks, Jordana, who has a strange fascination for matches, likes watching kids get bullied and is constantly seen smoking. Throughout the film she wears her scarlet red coat, I think a slightly obvious hint to her devious ways.

The first time he has sex has got to be one of the funniest moments in the movie. And I'm fairly certain was an awkward time for most of us. 

He stumbles through life a bit, and makes a lot of wrong decisions, which I'm sure is fairly true to how most of us went through out teens. 

It is a bit slow moving but I really recommend it if you like strange movies, can follow a plot line and can appreciate the humour in life. 


[images are not my own, but how cool is the second!] 



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's my favourite as well, adds a bit more interest :)

      a - x

      Delete
  2. This film is INCREDIBLE! I love how British it is! Following youu :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Sometimes british films are the best films. No one does it like they do.

      a - x

      Delete
  3. Blahhh I loved this film, I only just saw it recently and thought it was excellent!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I feel like I should of watched it ages ago! Or experienced it's wonder on the big screen.

      a - x

      Delete
  4. I've been meaning to watch this, I hear it's wonderful :) British films definitely are so unique x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely watch it, it is undeniably wonderful.

      a - x

      Delete
  5. hands down one of my fave and quirkiest films ever!
    totally adore, how creepily perfect is his role??
    crushing on this blog too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we're on the same page :)
      He does play his character perfectly, it was as if the role was made for him.
      Thank you!

      a - x

      Delete

Talk to me.