Monday, January 2, 2012

We're just friends.

I think it's pretty hard to disagree with what you read on everyones t-shirts, I love New York, and when you actually see New York I can assure you the feeling is contagious.



For me it was pretty much the same story. I'm not sure if the moment was whilst watching the infamous and witty Carrie Bradshaw tot around the city or just the numerous American movies forced onto my childhood with the symbolic yellow taxis driving around by the dozen.



But nevertheless it happened, and I'm in love. With a city of all things. It isn't the first either, it joins a long list of cities, some affairs much more brief that others but a long list none the less.



Looking at pictures certainly doesn't help this obsession, and buying a Travel Book explaining everything that is magical about the city doesn't help much more either.



So whether it only be for a few days, a week or a year, I want to be just another person in NY hailing a cab, relaxing in central park and getting blisters from one of my numerous pairs of high heels. I guess with my dream of becoming a journalist, and New York city pretty much being the hub for it, me getting there could be quite a possible acheivement. If all goes to plan. I guess only time and my bank account can reveal if that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.